At Insight Eye Care, we have been caring for patients in the area for 40 years and have 3 clinic locations. We are a Vision Source private practice priding ourselves in being on the forefront of technology. We believe investing in technology helps us take better care of our patients by detecting and treating disease as early as possible.
Optovue OCT takes 3D scans of the retina (the lining of the inside of the eye), which helps us detect and manage eye diseases such as glaucoma and macular conditions. The OCT is the most sophisticated way to detect early damage. Therefore, we often can detect diseases before vision loss occurs. The AngioVue allows us to see active blood flow and leakage in the retina without the use of dye injections.
This instrument uses wavefront technology to objectively measure for your tentative glasses prescription. The information we receive from this instrument aids us in determining a more precise prescription. We also use digital technology operated through a computer allowing us to more precisely fine tune your unique prescription. The digital speed and accuracy can instantly compare your old and new prescriptions.
This instrument gives us a digital wide view image of the retina, the lining of the back of the eye, for future comparison. The image is helpful in diagnosing and managing diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, floaters, high cholesterol, retinal detachments or macular degeneration. This can be an alternative to having your eyes dilated.
This instrument helps us identify the earliest onset of Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD). Upon detection, action can be taken to slow the progression of the disease and prevent vision loss. Research has shown impaired dark adaptation is the earliest indicator of AMD and reveals it typically three years before physical changes develop in the retina.
Creates an enhanced topographical map of your cornea (the clear window of the eye). It assists us in fitting specialty contact lenses and more scientifically diagnoses dry eye disease.
This instrument measures your eye pressure without the use of drops or puffs of air.
Humphrey Field Analyzer (HFA)
This device tests your peripheral and/or central vision to help detect and manage glaucoma, macular degeneration and field defects from stroke.
Diopsys Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)
This Special testing telling us how fast (latency) and how much information (amplitude) is being sent from the world through your eye to the brain. Common diseases detected are glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, amblyopia (lazy eye), traumatic brain injuries (TBI = concussions), and retinal disease.
Diopsys Electroretinography (ERG)
This instrument measures the electrical activity at the level of the retina (lining of the inside of the eye). It aids in the early detection and management of glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetes, and plaquenil maculopathy.
We are able to scientifically measure the chemical makeup of your tears to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of Dry Eye Disease (DED).
Konan Cell Check
The cornea is the clear window covering the eye. This machine measures the endothelial cells making up the inner most layer of the cornea. The endothelial cells can be affected by surgical procedures, disease (ex: Fuchs’ dystrophy), trauma, and contact lenses.
Services We Provide
- Comprehensive eye examinations for all ages
- Infant SEE eye exams: comprehensive infant eye assessments between 6 and 12 months of age
- Urgent care services: removal of foreign bodies, treatment of pink eye, allergies, eye infections, shingles, chemical burns, iritis, abrasions, floaters and flashes of light.
- Specialty contact lens fittings: including for bifocal, astigmatism, Kerataconus, and other post-surgical patients
- Ocular disease management: diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, dry eye, glaucoma, cataracts, etc.
- Concussion Co-management
- Lasik consultations
- Pre- and post surgical care
- All the latest technology to manage patients taking Plaquenil (Multifocal ERG (MfERG), Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF), Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), and central visual field (VF)
- Network of referral surgeons
- We have a full optical departments with certified opticians to help select, adjust, and repair eye wear